Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hounds-tooth Refashion

Howdy kids :]

What have I been up to lately? Well, besides doing homework during the summer, which is literally the worst thing ever, I managed to refashion another frumpy dress:


Nothing says fun like a fake velvet collar, right? No? Oops...


Well, I did some major choppin' an this is how it turned out!


First I took out those LOVELY shoulder pads.


Then took off those DOPE fake velvet lined sleeves [which, I might add, were AWESOME for attracting cat hair...]


After that I cut off the collar, as well as cut the front of the dress to form more of a v-neck. Then I hemmed it all off and voila!


Now I have a slightly less frumpy, but still a little bizarre, frock :]

Happy Tuesday!


Linkin' up HURR and to HERE



20 comments:

  1. I love it! I will be giving super frumpy dresses at the thrift store another look before passing them by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yay for giving those dresses new life!

      Delete
  2. Your refashion is so sexy now! I never would have thought of cutting a v neck like that. It looks great. Pinned to my style board and sharing on my face book page! http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/beachy-signs.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great re-fashion!! I love how that came out!! Great photographs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! You did an awesome job! Would have never guessed it was the same dress, revamped! Stopping in from What We Wore, Read, Made Linky party!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage (http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, I love your refashion! The black embroidery was too gorgeous and you made it shine!
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I thought about that too- The embroidery really needed to be showcased!

      Delete
  6. That dress is SO cute! Absolutely love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress turned out great :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays, featuring and pinning at this weeks hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully done! new follower at www.clairemillersmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll totes check out your blog as well!

      Delete
  9. I love this dress! Especially the red belt!! I'll never look at a frumpy dress the same way again! Thanks!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's amazing the amount of frumpy dresses you can find to refashion!

      Delete